About the role
We’re working with a well-established organisation in the Higher Education sector for an exciting new vacancy in which you will be leading and managing the external audit fieldwork.
Working for a large, global Higher Education institution, the Audit Controls & Reporting Manager will identify challenges and work on improvements across a diverse range of colleagues and teams.
The role is an initial 12-month fixed-term position and comes hybrid working and flexible start times with a Monday to Friday schedule.
Based in Durham with a salary of up to £60,000.
- To become the key point of contact for the external auditors for all fieldwork and sample elements required, responding to their needs and managing their expectations
- Working with internal colleagues to ensure that information is produced and all queries are answered in a timely manner
- Responsible for the planning and completion of audit assignments whilst ensuring audit files on Inflo have appropriate and sufficient documentation
- Partnering with senior management in the production of the consolidated financial statements for use in the Annual Report
- To assist colleagues and provide best practice in implementing improvements to processes and policies following audit recommendations
- Thorough knowledge of the auditing principles and practices, ideally gained within practice
- Should be good at written and oral presentation skills
- Proficiency in Office 365 as well as knowledge of Inflo software
- Should have an ability to identify audit problems and take corrective action
- Should be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships colleagues and with our external auditors
If you’re interested in this role, send across your CV and a member of our team will be in touch!