About the role
Business Development Executive
Newcastle or Durham (Hybrid Working)
An exciting opportunity has come up with a renowned business network organisation. They are looking for a Business Development Executive to work alongside the Engagement Manager.
- Establishing viable new member opportunities by working strategically with and across a variety of data sets and outbound marketing channels (including email, social media, and cold calling).
- Managing the service desk ensuring all member enquiries; inbound leads; and feedback are logged, handled, and processed effectively.
- Develop and maintain an effective system to manage inbound sales/ new member leads and referral processes (internal and external)
- Discover research leads / sales opportunities and initiate conversation to establish interest and suitability.
- Set up quality appointments with probable leads, and work with Engagement Managers to communicate necessary information to ensure conversion.
- Work closely with IT and marketing teams specifically to drive and develop methods to support lead generation / achieve KPIs.
- Use CRM effectively to manage and track interactions and prospect information effectively.
- Report regularly on lead generation including source, contact method and conversion (identifying opportunities for continuous improvement).
- Proven track record in B2B business development role (or similar)
- Experience working with B2B data sets (FAME or similar)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written
- Proficient with CRM software and other IT Systems including Microsoft packages (ability to manage interactions, analyse and report)
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including Math and English
- Must have use of a car and hold a current driving licence
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Strong desire to identify solutions to problems and instigate change
- Passionate about the North East business community
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days + public holidays each year.
- Life assurance four-times basic salary.
- Contribution to one professional membership each year.
- Hospital treatment plan.
- Flexible working supporting work life balance, with a mix of home and office working.
- Salary exchange pension scheme.
- Long service awards.
- Salary sacrifice schemes, such as: cycle to work, gym membership and car leasing.
- Health cash plan
- Colleague events including summer social and Christmas party.
- Employee assistance programme.
If you are interested in the Business Development Executive role, please click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.