About the role
Role: Network Operations Team Lead
Location: Flexible Hybrid Working base in Maidenhead or Reading
NRG are Delighted to be working closely with the UK leading infrastructure managed services business for the mid-market. Due to growth and expansion, they are looking to recruit a Network Operations Team Leader initially on a 12-month FTC with the plan to move to permanent.
You will report into the Network infrastructure manager but work closely and collaboratively across multiple teams, gaining significant exposure working with members of SLT.
You’ll be responsible for day-to-day network operation management and directing and leading the network infrastructure operation.
- Client Engagement, driving a client focused culture. Participate in client meetings as required and provide technical escalation.
- Client service set up for IP transit, DC Connect and WAN Connect Services
- You’ll be working with the Network Infrastructure Manager to define incident SLA/OLA KPIs and you’ll be responsible for monitoring and managing incidents to ensure these are met.
- You’ll manage timely resolution of Network Operations problems.
- You’ll manage network related operational change to ensure service stability. Review and QA team change proposals.
- Manage small scale lifecycle management projects (patching and small-scale version changes) to upgrade and maintain Network operations technologies
- Review and action vulnerability management information
- You’ll be responsible for managing the on-call Network Operations rota and cover.
- You’ll provide escalation on critical/major Network infrastructure incidents.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications, along with participating in account/service reviews providing data on the supplier performance.
- You’ll be the first point of contact for all operations escalations.
- You’ll manage performance of Network Operations team member and conduct interim/annual reviews.
- You’ll recruit and build a high-performance operations team along with supporting with their career planning and training requirements.
- Ensure security standards are followed and identify and document Network Operations risks.
- Provide input to the Network projects team lead and Network Infrastructure Manager to identify and scope network capital improvement projects.
- Provide weekly performance reporting on Network Operations to the Network Infrastructure Manager and Director of Infrastructure including
- Aged incident/requests
- SLA performance
- Root Cause analysis
- Major Incident trending
- Trend analysis – hardware performance/client trends
- Previous experience working as a Team Leader in a technical team.
- Full Life cycle project experience.
- Experience implementing and following risk management processes.
- Experience embedding security by design.
- Experience building and reporting on service metrics to key stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Background working in Networking with large and/or multiple sites.
- Experience using service provider level Cisco, Juniper, and Fortinet Routing/Switching/Firewall equipment.
- Experience managing software defined networks.
If you’re interested in this role, send across your CV and a member of our team will be in touch.