About the role
Job Title: Product Manager
Salary: £35k - £43k
37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Hybrid working with an office based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
We are working with one of the fastest-growing insurance companies you’ve probably never heard of. They are proud of their warm and inclusive culture. With building a diverse community, with a unique blend of strengths, the key to taking their business to the next level.
Our Client is looking for a Product Manager to join their massively growing team. You’ll be working in a fast-paced IT team and helping us put the needs of the business front and centre when developing our IT products. You will develop excellent working relationships with our Product Owners and will lead your product team to success.
- You will be responsible for the vision for the product / service, working with closely with the business product owner to ensure strategic fit.
- Develop the product strategy and manage the product roadmap as well as prioritising the product backlog through a range of techniques to maximise value and return on investment.
- Identify and communicate user needs to your team ensuring that backlog items (user stories) are understood by all.
- You will be responsible for representing users and other stakeholders at appropriate forums/ceremonies.
- You will be responsible for defining product goals and metrics, ensuring that performance against expected and agreed outcomes is in place through the creation of Performance Framework(s).
- Identify, manage, influence and negotiate with stakeholders and communicate progress and achievements, championing the product within the department.
- Actively support and coach the cross functional product team in Product Management, Agile and Lean best practices
- Experience as a product manager, or strong product owner experience demonstrating expertise in product backlog management, prioritisation, demos, user story creation and feature/epic definition
- Experience of developing and communicating product roadmaps for multiple products
- Expertise in creating, prioritising and managing product backlogs (new features and technical debt reduction)
- Experience of general insurance, an understanding of regulatory requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to lead teams, focus on our customers or engage with the business
- Excellent working knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence software
- Experience of products within the guidewire suite would be preferable but not essential.
- Healthcare cash plan offers money back on everyday health-related expenses
- Bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Buy/Sell up to 5 days holiday
- Free driving lessons
- Flu Jab Voucher is offered during the flu season to protect against the unpredictable flu virus
- Virtual GP online service with appointments available 365 days of the year
- Pension Advisory Service non-advised surgeries to support in the planning of retirement
- Enhanced Family friendly policy
- Safe driving scheme offers access to online learning and driving lessons for colleagues and spouses and dependents
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle scheme - choose a bike, hire it for an agreed time then snap it up for a fraction of the cost
If this sounds interesting and you think you have what it takes to be a Product Manager, Click ‘APPLY’ and one of the team will be on touch.