About the role
An expanding North-Shields based NHS provider are looking to recruit a Payroll Officer to work within their Payroll team on a permanent basis.
This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This position offers the opportunity for flexible working.
If you are proactive, detail-oriented and interested in Finance, then this is the perfect role for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Higher Level Payroll Officers to learn and support tasks relating to payroll processing.
- Completing a small section of payroll as part of your training.
- Calculating and entering payroll data.
- Operating the computer-based payroll system.
- Assisting to ensure that payroll data is accurate in is paid correctly.
You will be working within an experienced Payroll department, providing you with the opportunity to develop your existing accounting abilities in a new setting. The culture of this team emphasises support and development. You will be joining a team of various backgrounds and ages.
Your skills will be centered around the ability to prioritise your workload, attention to detail, strong numeracy skills, professionalism and most importantly, teamwork. We are looking for a candidate with some previous experience working in a Payroll environment, with knowledge of Payroll procedures, processes and legislation.
What’s in it for you:
- A salary ranging between £21,700 and £23,000
- An extensive well-being programme including access to the trust’s specialist Wellbeing Hub.
- A range of flexible working opportunities.
- A generous annual leave and pension scheme.
- Opportunities to improve your professional development through a vast number of training programmes.
- Access to a lease car and home electronics scheme.
We’re looking for people who are keen to propel their career in Finance, using their own initiative and drive.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.