About the role
Due to their continuous success, an established law firm based in Newcastle are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to work within their finance department.
This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday and will be based in the Newcastle office.
If you are proactive, detail-oriented and interested in Finance, then this is the perfect role for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Posting daily client and business accounts transactions onto the system
- Completing daily bank reconciliations on both client and business accounts
- Processing bills and internal transfers
- Processing all purchase ledger invoices
- Making payments via the online banking system
- Checking and recording all financial transactions in accordance with SRA Accounts rules
- Maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality at all times
- Dealing with SAR’s
You will be working within an experienced finance department, providing you with the opportunity to develop your existing accounting abilities in a new setting. The culture of this firm emphasises support and development. You will be joining a team of various backgrounds and ages.
Your skills will be centered around the ability to prioritise your workload, attention to detail, strong numeracy skills, professionalism and most importantly, teamwork.
What’s in it for you:
- A salary ranging between £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Hybrid working arrangements
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – rising to 30 days after 2 years of service
- Nexus Corporate Metro Scheme – Covers all zones in Newcastle, around £45 per month to be repaid directly from payroll over 12 months
- PerkBox subscription with access to a number of benefits and rewards
- Pension scheme with up to 6% matched
We’re looking for people who are keen to propel their career in Finance, using their own initiative and drive.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, send across your CV and a member of our team will be in touch.