About the role
Zaltek – UI/UX Designer (Hybrid – Newcastle)
Up to £35,000
Zaltek are looking for a confident & charismatic UI/UX Designer with excellent interpersonal skills to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding company & become a key player in their team, providing the design & creative direction to the business. We are looking for someone who genuinely cares about how things look & work for the customer as well as providing an element of marketing for Zaltek – occasionally attending events.
- Taking ownership of the front-end design for client website builds, including the branding process.
- Build new sites using WordPress that focus on user needs with the help of our Web & Creative teams, including designing clickable prototypes, wireframing & testing to ultimately have an aesthetically pleasing website.
- Providing technical design support in-house & to Clients, supporting & maintaining their existing website design/development teams.
- Research user needs, sketch out solutions to complex problems, storyboard user journeys & encourage constructive criticism/design review cycles.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment directly with developers to implement designs & a track record of supporting website projects.
- A good understanding of visual design principles.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong portfolio showcasing the breadth of your capabilities.
- Experience of managing multiple projects at once – ideally (but necessarily) from agency experience.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS – enough to understand what is/isn’t possible from a development aspect when designing websites.
- Understanding of WordPress & Page Builders (e.g. Elementor)
- Experience with Figma/AdobeXD
Zaltek understand the importance of personal development & growth within your career, you will be allocated a training budget to use as you please for training material, courses, conferences, books & anything else that will contribute to your personal development. They offer a performance related bonus scheme of up to 10% of annual salary at the end of each year.
Zaltek is an inclusive & motivational working environment where brilliant individuals are free to express themselves & thrive through close collaboration internally & with their partners. If this sounds like a place you would like to work at, please get in touch by applying directly or contacting me through one of the following ways;
LiamFenwick@nrgplc.com - 0191 260 4475