About the role
Established in 2006, one of the fastest-growing IT companies in the UK is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Gateshead.
They’re a people-focused business, employing over 220 people, with a culture of continuous development. With ambitious plans to continue to grow the business and be one of the best places to work in the North East, their success is driven by technical excellence and underpinned by a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience.
About the role
We’re looking for a 3rd-line Support Engineer with a strong technical background and solid experience in technical support. You will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues.
The successful candidate should be a driven individual that enjoys problem-solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting our customers’ needs first.
Some of the technologies you would be expected to deal with include: Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Citrix, SAN/ISCSI, RDS and Cloud technologies. There would also be a strong need for networking knowledge (mainly, but not limited to, Cisco).
- Diagnose and fix critical IT issues
- Liaise directly with customers regarding technical issues
- Identify reoccurring technical faults and recommendations to the 3rd Line Team Leader
- Technically assist other teams within support
- Incident management
- Resolve technical issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a good understanding of Networking, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Fantastic company culture
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Corporate travel discount
- 24-hour employee assistance
- Health Plan including eye care, dentistry, physio, 24-hour employee assistance
- Death in service
If you’re interested in this role of Infrastructure Engineer, click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.