About the role
Our NHS client have an opportunity to join their people function as Deputy People & OD Lead in a part time/job share. The role offers flexible office working and days/hours can be agreed to suit the right person.
Reporting into the People & OD Lead, The People and OD Directorate (POD) is responsible for developing people strategies, policy, practice, and delivering P&OD services which support strategic objectives, improve staff engagement, comply with legislation, and support organisational culture development and the embedding of organisational values.
Their whole ethos is to provide a customer focused quality service to the trust business units and corporate departments through the provision of the following:
- Expert people advice and guidance (strategic and operational) to business units and services across the trust.
- Core employee relations and case management advice and support.
- People data and information including reporting, ESR, Health Roster and Bank services.
- Recruitment and retention including expert temporary staffing sourcing (all clinical professions).
- Medical Staffing advice and support.
- Employee health and wellbeing services, including Occupational Health.
- Organisational development including leadership, team development and staff engagement strategy.
- Learning and development including training, multi professional education and library services.
- People planning and development.
The Deputy People & OD (POD) Lead will be a core member of the newly created People services team and will work under the leadership of the POD Lead in partnership with the operational management teams and leaders. You will provide operational advice and specialist knowledge on all people and OD related matters in line with the needs and priorities of the Business Units and Corporate Directorates to which they are partnering, the NHS People Plan being the background to their approach, covering the remit of the whole POD portfolio.