About the role
A Purley based finance department are looking for a Credit Control Team Leader to work alongside the Client Operation team and Client Support team members to ensure all clients’ accounts are accurate, and debts are collected within agreed terms.
You will need to ensure the client support team meet necessary quality and time deadlines, as well as support the Client Support team with queries to reach resolutions as quickly as possible. Training new team members is also part of this role.
Office based with a Monday to Friday schedule. They are offering a salary of up to £35,000.
- To ensure that debt collection and levels of overdue debt are kept within group targets and acceptable levels.
- To ensure query resolution if kept within group targets and acceptable levels.
- To ensure the team operate within agreed processes and hold the team accountable to this.
- To contribute in improving and enhancing current processes we have. Ensure clear documentation is in place for each process.
- Understand the Self-Billing Reconciliation process and pay-only report.
- Be accountable for the weekly and monthly reporting cycle including debt analysis, query analysis and concerning client reports.
- Perform RBS monthly bank reconciliation & Sales Ledger control account for all companies and close the period in RBS Facflow.
- Responsibility for the provision of weekly update information for the team highlighting problematic clients and debts.
- Experience of credit control and debt chasing processes.
- Proficient in all MS Office Packages especially Excel which should be to an intermediate/expert level (Pivot table and VLOOKUP’s).
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst under pressure.
- Ability to use own initiative and be pro-active during the role whilst being able to prioritise workload.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organisational skills.
- Experience of Sage & Credit Hound would be beneficial, but not critical.
- Experience in training team members on achieving goals and developing necessary skills that get results.
- Develop team strengths and improve weaknesses.
- Lead and motivate team on daily/weekly basis to ensure target cash is collected.
If you’d like to find out more, send across your CV and a member of our team will be in touch!