About the role
Due to continuous success, a Newburn-based company are looking to recruit an Purchase Ledger Assistant to work within their Accounts Payable department on a permanent basis.
This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This position offers a hybrid working model.
If you are proactive, detail-oriented and interested in Finance, then this is the perfect role for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Protecting the overall quality of the creditor's ledger
- Setting up and maintaining accurate supplier details and account records
- Processing purchase invoices into the accounts tracking system
- Producing weekly BACS runs via supplier statement reconciliations
- Handling disputed accounts and negotiating overdue accounts to bring payments in line with supplier terms and conditions
You will be working within an experienced Accounts Payable department, providing you with the opportunity to develop your existing accounting abilities in a new setting. The culture of this firm emphasises support and development. You will be joining a team of various backgrounds and ages.
Your skills will be centered around prior experience of Excel (pivot tables, lookups etc.), self-discipline, motivation and proven experience in past Accounts Payable roles.
What’s in it for you:
- A salary of £22,000 - £23,000
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An impressive pension scheme
- A modern, stylish office space
- Free onsite parking
- A positive and friendly workplace environment
- Hybrid working
- Study Support
We’re looking for people who are keen to propel their career in Finance, using their own initiative and drive.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.