About the role
We are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s largest Police Forces to recruit a Deputy Payroll and Pensions Manager to assist the P&P Manager in the Payroll and Pensions section.
This role involves agile working, flexible working hours and opportunities for flexi-time.
As well as flexible working, there are lots more benefits to being part of the team:
- Flexible agile working patterns – potential for fully remote working
- Generous holiday entitlements plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounts on shopping and eating out
- Extensive paid sick leave
- Access to gyms in some stations
You will assist in the management of the payroll and pensions section, ensuring a customer-focused, effective service is provided to the organisation.
Your key duties will include:
- Responsible for the effective day-to-day running of the section ensuring all internal controls are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Identify improvements to systems and procedures to ensure that the efficiency and effectiveness of the department is maintained.
- Ensure that any regulatory/legislative changes are implemented correctly.
- Assist in the management of welfare, recruitment, appraisal, development and discipline of staff within the section.
- Required to hold the position of Board Adviser to the Police Pension Board as well as managing the provision of annual benefit statements and annual allowance statements to all active and deferred members of the police pension schemes.
- Develop and produce financial reports to ensure all statutory returns are completed in accordance with the relevant timescales.
- Experience in this area OR Professional Finance Qualification
- Proven experience managing a busy payroll & pensions function within a large organisation.
- Some knowledge of Police Officer Regulations, Police Staff terms and conditions as well as the Police Pension Schemes and Local Government Pension Scheme is desirable.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to work unsupervised and use your own initiative.
If you’re interested in this Deputy Payroll and Pensions Manager role, click Apply Now and a member of our team will be in touch.