About the role
An organisation who are improving the safety and efficiency of NHS resources are looking for a Communications Officer to join their team.
The role is based in Newcastle with hybrid working available.
As a Communications Officer, you will play a vital role in supporting with a variety of activities across the organisation. You will work alongside colleagues in the Communications Team to implement communications strategies and plans across a range of strategically planned programmes of work, both regionally and nationally.
- To ensure effective communications within and between teams, be involved in and participate in meetings as requested; and
- To engage in regular performance reviews against agreed objectives. To be responsible for actively identifying own development needs and committing to a personal development plan based on continuous learning.
- Development and creation of bespoke communications content for presentations, case studies, brochures, website, social media, programme toolkits, event support materials, etc., that reinforce key messages, and highlight impact, value, and the achievements, and its programmes.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Communications team to maintain and develop the Mail Chimp mailing lists, ensuring that contacts are kept up to date and the contacts are managed in line with GDPR data protection regulations.
- Support the implementation and management of the national and regional brand identities, in line with guidance, across AHSN NENC and with appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide support for the ongoing development and maintenance of the website and other communications activities such as social media and communications campaigns, as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or possessing equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of creating and managing communications activities to position and promote a range of complex messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to create content for online and offline communications materials.
- Experience of copyrighting for communications media to effectively interact with and influence, a diverse range of individuals.
- Experience in supporting events and conferences, both prior to the event and on the day.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise competing demands, and the ability to balance project development requirements with day to day operational needs.
- Proven experience of delivering a full range of communications activities across online channels.
- Excellent IT skills, including competent use of Microsoft Office, MailChimp and other software platforms.
If you’re interested in this role of Communications Officer, click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.