About the role
We are currently looking for an Assistant to the Managing Director for a leading Financial Advisor based on Newcastle.
This is an office based, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm role.
This role is to support the Managing Director on a daily basis to enable him to make the best use of his time and ensure smooth running of his office and the business generally. The role will also require adhoc support to Board Members and auxiliary support to the General Manager including home resources administration support, support with health & safety measures and the coordination of facilities management.
- Calendar Management at a senior level
- Manage and schedule annual cycle for Board Meetings, Investment Committee Meetings, Management Meetings, Consultancy Meetings and Financial Planning Forum Meetings
- Collate and circulate Board papers in a timely fashion, take minutes and actions at the monthly Board Meeting and any other related meetings such as AGM, Strategy Days etc
- Liaising with and booking external venues for off site meetings and facilitating
- Keep the MD’s Continuous Personal Development (CPD) records up to date, ensuring that he is on target to meet the annual hour’s requirement
- Liaise with Accounts to ensure New Starters and Leavers are added/removed from Payroll accordingly
- Preparing salary sacrifice and salary increase correspondence
- Manage the staff sickness procedure ensuring that Return to Work forms are processed, monitoring employee sick leave and updating the Accounts department in terms of payroll deductions
- Updating the Staff Handbook, Fire Procedures, Company Organizations and Disaster Recovery records where necessary
- Work with the MD to co-ordinate departments, tasks and projects is an operational liaison capacity
- Liaise with the Caretaker/Gardener and other parties as necessary to coordinate facilities management work ensuring it is carried out to a satisfactory conclusion; authorize associated invoices for the accounts department
The successful candidate must have a high standard of verbal and written communication skills, considerable experience of taking minutes within meetings at various levels of seniority and exceptional organizational and time management skills. A knowledge and experience of financial services and specifically independent Financial Advice will be advantageous.
How we will reward you:
- A salary between £25,000 and £32,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus 1 additional day for your birthday
- Death in Service – 4 times salary
- Auto-Enrolment in Pension Scheme
If this role of Assistant Manager to the director sounds like you, click the ‘apply now’ button and a member of our team will be in touch