About the role
What’s in it for you:
Due to continuous success, a Purley, Surrey based finance department are looking to appoint a new Accounts Assistant to join their team on a full time basis, working Monday – Friday in the office. The team provides fundamental business support and information to the wider group together with ensuring compliance with financial legislation on a day-to-day basis.
Responsible to Senior Management Accountant, your position is a crucial part of the business. You will be responsible for the financial data of the company. Compiling the day-to-day financial accounts for the business and accurately process financial data on a timely basis making sure the financial accounts of the company are accurate, fully reconciled and can be analysed with other financial data.
- Monitor, check and follow up on queries with regards to the posting of entries and the reconciliation of the company bank accounts currently in their control
- Posting of bank transactions accurately into the financial systems
- Completion of weekly bank reconciliations and all the necessary supporting documentation.
- Control of the purchase ledger process and management of the purchase ledger inboxes.
- Entry of approved staff expenses and credit card expenses into the financial system.
- Reconciliation of the suppliers’ ledger.
- Assist with the monthly reporting of information to the appropriate
- Prepare for annual audits and liaise with auditors
- Other Ad-Hoc Duties
You need to be a detailed individual with a passion and dedication for the specification accuracy of the work that you produce. You will have a drive to progress your career and learn which will enable you to accomplish the role to the required standard.
- AAT qualified/bookkeeper qualification or working towards this qualification or qualified by experience
- 1 years’ experience working within a finance team
- Proficient in MS Office Packages especially Excel which should be to an intermediate level
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and be pro-active during the role whilst being able to prioritise workload
- Good numeracy skills
- Experience of Sage50 Accounts desirable
- Ability to work well within a close small team
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.