About the role
About the role
NRG are delighted to be working in partnership with Northumbria Police, as they look to add a Payroll & Pensions Officer to join their team on a 9-month fixed-term contract.
This role would be perfect for a recently qualified graduate looking to gain knowledge and experience of working in a large organisation or someone with previous experience of working in a payroll or pensions section.
The salary offered for this position is £24,360 - £25,353. The role comes with hybrid working, as well as many benefits including:
- 24 days’ leave, excluding bank holidays, increasing to 28 days for 5 years+ service
- Enhanced Maternity, Shared Parental and Adoption leave
- Flexi time! Allowing you to fit your working hours around your individual needs
- Fantastic market leading public sector pension scheme
- Corporate Travel schemes – local rail, bus services and metro
- Access to Private Healthcare and Eye Test Vouchers
- Discounts on shopping and eating out thanks to the Blue Light Card and Blue Light Tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Working as part of a busy team you will be required to work methodically to process all authorised payroll and pensions related data.
- Collation of key data and calculation of comparison of benefits for pension remedy.
- Configuration of the core payroll system to ensure alignment to the new pay and grading structure.
- Creation of any new roles formed as part of the project in the payroll system.
- Calculation and implementation of any salary protections arising as result of the project.
You’ll be the ideal candidate for this position if you’re:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high personal and professional standards.
- An ability to take responsibility in an innovative and proactive manner, applying problem solving skills where required.
- Experience of operating to strict deadlines.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.