Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 169249
We’re working with one of Europe’s largest employers’ associations who represent independent retail stores across the UK and Ireland.
They are looking for a Financial Controller to join the team in Durham.
You will have full responsibility for ensuring the business is run in a compliant way and that the finance function has strong controls and processes. You will also provide sound financial advice and guidance to the Head of the company, Finance Committee and for the benefit of its members.
If you are analytically minded and have confidence in communicating with stakeholders at all levels, this is a fantastic opportunity to help make a difference in a not-for-profit organisation. You will lead the finance team and the wider business as a whole.
Supervision of Accounts staff
Provide guidance on Group accounting policies
Prepare monthly management accounts for accounts and make presentations as appropriate and directed
Prepare draft budgets for accounts and all supporting schedules, as well as ensuring effective management of cash resources
Monitor and review financial statements and all other Group accounts, investigating any variances
Correspond with the Federation’s bankers on all banking matters, including bank mandates for all accounts
Prepare budgets and forecasts for future years
• Qualified Accountant – CIMA/ACCA/ACA
• Strong commercial awareness and ability to add value
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel and Sage
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written at all levels
• Organisation skills – able to prioritise and plan own and teams’ workload
• Ability to analyse data and interpret & relay information
• Strong financial modelling, budgeting and forecasting skills
If you’re interested in this role, send across your CV and a member of our team will be in touch!