Location: North East
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 168688
Our client is recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to be based within their worldclass directorate reporting to the Asset Reliability Manager.
This position will lead the Electrical Maintenance Team and coordinate specialist contractors to continually deliver a high standard of electrical maintenance support across all site assets and facilities ensuring they remain both impeccably maintained and available to Asset Managers ensuring they are reliably available to our wide-ranging clientele.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• Relevant training in lifting/slinging including PUWER/LOLER regulations (desirable)
• Installation fault-finding/rectification and general maintenance of plant and machinery
• Working with torque/tensioning equipment and associated gauges, sensors and measuring equipment
• Running equipment within set guidelines to meet clearly defined criteria.
• Sound knowledge of electrical/mechanical generating plant and apparatus.
• Good understanding of H&S legislation applicable to plant operations.
• Experience of working in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 environments. (desirable)
• 18th Edition Qualification (desirable).
Knowledge & Skill Set
• Possess a good strong knowledge of electrical HV and LV and control systems with the competence to diagnose/recommend, discuss and implement repair options with the Asset Reliability Manager and the wider Electrical Maintenance Technician team.
• Understand mechanical principles and the ability to carry out basic mechanical checks on machinery and equipment
• Capable of reviewing contractor and in-house risk assessments and method statements.
• A strong understanding of Health and safety practices and requirements including producing detailed risk assessments and method statements
• Understanding of Hydraulic systems
• Ability to communicate and interact at all levels with assertiveness, professionalism and friendliness
• Strong mind-set for continuous improvement
• Analytical skills with ability to use own initiative to solve problems, offering a range of solutions for project/test completion
• Assist the QA manager in obtaining and retaining quality standards as applicable;