Salary: £28,690 + car allowance
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 168613
We are recruiting an experienced Housing Officer for one of the North East’s largest and most successful housing providers on a 6 month contract.
As Housing Officer, you will be expected to deliver an outstanding housing management service to customers, engaging with them to ensure the company’s services always meet their expectations and priorities and striving to continually improve services and exceed performance targets.
You will also be working as part of the delivery team in a new ESF funded scheme that brings together community organisations and training providers to support people in County Durham who need help getting into work and learning new skills.
- Deliver excellent, consistent and responsive housing management services, which include:
- Neighbourhood and tenancy management
- Anti-social behaviour
- Allocations and lettings
- Empty property management, customer viewings and welcome visits
- Income management
- Customer involvement, empowerment and inclusion
- Tenant liaison and support
- Deliver housing management and environmental services to residents that are of an excellent standard and accessible to all customers and provide excellent customer service at all times
- Identify opportunities for service improvements, make recommendation and deliver changes effectively and efficiently
- Participate in new initiatives that will lead to improvement in performance and service delivery
- Support a variety of inclusive and effective customer involvement opportunities
- Provide customers with the opportunity to influence and shape policies, service delivery, standards and scrutinise performance
- Assist with the management of budgets and contribute to annual budget and priority setting
- To be the key conduit between mainstream housing, tenants, residents and communities and the new ESF scheme provision to ensure the project is widely publicised and accessible through a range of channels
- To work, as part of a team, with the Employment Liaison Officer and Northern Learning Trust Tutor to ensure the objectives of the project are successfully delivered
- To be responsible for and provide line management to the Centre Manager and the Data and Admin Officer
You must hold a full current driving licence and have access to a car for business use.