Salary: £10.32 per hour
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 168396
General Duties and Responsibilities:
In line with the University’s Mission, Corporate Strategy and Leadership Attributes, you will:
• Provide first class administrative support for a range of activities including recruitment, appointments, contractual changes, pre-employment checks, redeployment, SAP position and hierarchy changes, Occupational Health administration, budget administration and web page development.
• Deliver a strong customer orientated approach in order to establish effective and productive working relationships within the HR team to support the development and delivery of a seamless, customer focused HR experience to managers, staff and other stakeholders.
• Deal effectively and efficiently with enquiries to deliver a positive customer experience, providing information on a range of HR policies and procedures as required.
• Contribute to the development and introduction of new administrative processes and procedures.
• Provide other general administrative support, including within the Pay and Systems team and wider HR Team as required.
• Undertake relevant training and development to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of role and legislative requirements.
• Adhere to audit and compliance activity as required.
NB: Specific duties will vary from time to time: the above list is intended to indicate the general nature of the post and is not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to be flexible in supporting the HR Service by undertaking any HR responsibilities, which are commensurate with this grade. The post holder is bound at all times to observe the strict rules of confidentiality applicable to work in Human Resources.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the integrity and quality of HR data ensuring accurate entry of data into HR systems at all times.
• Use appropriate technology to generate correspondence, reports and other documents as required.
• Establish and maintain appropriate files and records, both manual and computerised. • Respond to queries and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
• Undertake general administrative duties, including dealing with all correspondence, the distribution of post, photocopying and maintenance of photocopying and printing facilities (where required), and control of stationery supplies.
• Liaise with other Departments within the University and external bodies as required to develop and maintain efficient and effective working practices.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and will be subject to periodic review by the manager and appropriate colleagues in discussion with the role-holder. This Role Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and will be subject to periodic review by the University Executive and/or in discussion with the post-holder.