Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 168158
NRG are delighted to be working with an outstanding industry leader. We are supporting them on the recruitment of a PMO Lead to join their site in Newcastle.
The aim of this role is to oversee all programme delivery and lead the internal PMO function, engaging heavily with the newly founded Planning & Governance team.
• Detailed understanding of project / programme delivery frameworks
• Experience of leading a PMO function (project intake, resource demand planning, budget management, risk assumption, issue and dependency management, stakeholder identification and analysis, benefits mapping, lessons learnt etc)
• Excellent inter-personal and stakeholder management skills that can be demonstrated through the ability to challenge constructively, not accept decisions at face value and have the necessary gravitas to build credible relationships at a senior level.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to describe technical issues in a non-technical way.
• Broad PMO experience in a multi-sourced environment. Responsible for the overall company programme plan, its dependencies and delivery
• Ensure projects / programmes are delivered to meet business in a value adding manner
• Define project / programme processes, provide project support, through project reports and root cause analysis audits, ensuring lessons learned are fed back into project improvements
• Engage and support 3rd party suppliers to ensure successful delivery of the IT project portfolio
• Track and report project / programme performance, identifying any risks or issues for key projects
• Detailed understanding of Programme delivery, and governance frameworks that ensure programmes are delivered in a controlled way
• PRINCE2 and MSP or similar required
• Experience leading a PMO function, and Programme Managers
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal