Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 167687
NRG are excited to be working exclusively with our client in Newcastle looking to add an Infrastructure Systems Engineer to their team. Responsible for delivering effective telecoms, network and infrastructure solutions across the premises. This is a varied and reactive hands on role supporting the wider business on small technical projects in addition to normal workflow as an infrastructure engineer.
The successful individual will:
- Have several years hands on networking experience including routing and switching, DHCP and VLAN, as well as IP telephony and VMWare exposure.
- Be able to interact across teams, sharing skills and knowledge to ensure familiarity of all infrastructure, business systems, security and processes.
- Provide general support to the business on an ad-hoc basis around project work.
- Experience managing IT projects incorporating Risk Assessment and Contingency Planning to ensure delivery on time, within budget and to user satisfaction.
- Manage calls, tasks and incidents in line with SLAs.
- Actively partake in the 24/7 365 on-call system providing support for critical IT systems.
Please note: Due to the sensitive nature of this role it is essential that the successful applicant would be able to obtain a 5 year security clearance.