Salary: £19k - £20k
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 167455
NRG is delighted to be working with a well known business in Glasgow on the look out for a temporary Finance Assistant on an on-going basis.
Reporting into the Finance Manager you will be tasked with the following:
• Processing all Purchase Orders and Supplier Invoices accurately and on a timely basis.
• Reconciling Supplier Statements as received.
• Ensuring a weekly payment run to suppliers is undertaken and exporting payment details from Sage to Barclays Banking System for processing.
• Chasing outstanding balances and ensuring invoices are paid to the agreed specification.
• Raising or responding to all queries relating to sales/purchase ledger either internally or externally.
• Open and amend supplier/customer accounts.
• Processing company credit card transactions, analysing VAT elements of individual transactions and ensuring appropriate receipts are obtained for all transactions.
• Review and approval of expense claims with appropriate supervision.
• Undertake any other ad-hoc tasks as required by senior finance team.
What do you need?
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SAGE 200 Accounts package desirable.
• A keen eye for attention to detail.
• Experienced purchase ledger clerk used to dealing with a high volume of invoices.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
• Team player with confidence to work with colleagues across the organisation at various seniority levels.