Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 167355
Our Client is looking for a UK Vice General Manager to support in the vision to be a leading institution in China in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. Our client develops and delivers the most cutting-edge projects, focussing on the new technological frontiers identified across the sector.
The role will involve UK and China business engagement to support project opportunities in China
• Support in achieving the joint KPIs of the research centre including international business support, high talent expert attraction, consultancy and project development.
• Support the programme management of the TORC centre and interface with UK businesses to ensure growth of international supply chain opportunities for UK SMEs
• Develop new international business opportunities and services for the TORC team and support the development of funding proposals
• Assist with the development of new R&D added value services and commercial opportunities which are of fundamental benefit to the TORC in terms of achieving the public funding revenue growth as part of the company strategic plan
• Liaise with key international industry stakeholders and research organisations leading to successful international project development.
• Lead/support the delivery of international proposals through efficient preparation of detailed, innovative and robust business cases containing key technical, budget and timing plan content (including funding identified and secured/to be secured)
• Ability to work under light supervision, seeking authority on critical technical issues
• Engage with RDI technical leads, finance, legal, T&V and compliance teams to ensure successful project delivery.
To succeed in the role, the Vice General Manager the candidate must have and be able to demonstrate the following:
• A degree (or equivalent) in an engineering/scientific discipline
• Experience Asia offshore renewables markets and English Chinese language skills would be advantageous
• R&D experience including international R&D proposal development and business support experience
• A research/public funding background linked to offshore renewables
• Management of intellectual property contained within the bid proposals/quotations
• A track record in preparing and writing successful funding bids at international levels
• Experience of working in a relevant industry sector, supporting project delivery against targeted KPIs
• Technical and/or commercial background experience relating to product development including intellectual asset management