Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 167283
Our client is leaders in innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector who are looking for a Blade Manufacturing Research Engineer. The Manufacturing Research Engineer shall ensure that the business maintains and develops its position as a focal point for the sector and develops a position as the “go to” organisation for research, technical support and innovative collaboration.
To assist the Blades Research Leader in developing products, services and solutions in the area of blades. Developing a research profile in the area of Blade Manufacturing that will feed into the R&D strategy and generate public funded and commercial activity in this Knowledge Area.
• Develop innovative products and services in the area of Manufacturing for wind and tidal blades
• Build and deliver a portfolio of R&D projects
• Assist in the dissemination of project results as appropriate
• Build and deliver a portfolio of commercial projects
• Assist in the development of the R&D strategy and an R&D programme for materials relating to blades
• Contribute to the formulation of national and European R&D projects
• Assist Senior Researchers with technical contributions in consultancy projects
• Build effective networks, relationships and communications with key Universities and research establishments
• Ensure the technical and scientific quality of the deliverables related to research in the field of materials for blades
• Engage with customers and support commercial activities related to materials for blades
• A degree (or equivalent) in engineering or a related discipline
• High level of experience in the delivery of R&D projects.
• Experience in commercial and R&D projects related to blade manufacturing.
• Experience in blade design desirable.
• Ability to use first principles and empirical equations to support ongoing research and techno-economical modelling. • Understanding of the challenges related to blade design and manufacturing.
• Ability to work with multiple partners to deliver a successful project.
• Ability to communicate project results as reports, papers and presentations as appropriate.
• Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors, Senior Management (internal & external).
• Innovative and creative thinking.
• Problem solving – dealing with conflicting requirements.
• Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
• High capacity for change and the ability to adapt.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressured environment.