Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 167282
Our client is leaders om innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector who are looking for a Research Engineer.
The Research Engineer - Power Conversion and Drives shall help the Electrical Infrastructure team ensuring that the business maintains its position as a focal point for the sector and develops a position as the “go to” organisation for technical support and innovative collaboration
• Ensuring project technical activities are delivered in quality, time and budget in compliance with project management processes and regulatory standards, processes and procedures.
• Maintain an expert up to date knowledge of research activities within the offshore renewable electrical infrastructure with focus on power conversion and drives.
• Look to work closely with key R&D stakeholders shaping and delivering projects, managing external dependencies and interfaces.
• Comply with policies and procedures in terms of SHEQ, project management, risk and asset management. Maintain a high standard of health & safety awareness through encouraging safe behaviours with colleagues, contractors and other stakeholders.
• Identifying opportunities for improvements on project delivery, resource availability for the RDI project portfolio and the business is general.
• Represent the company at the technical forums and conferences.
• Preferably PhD/EngD in relevant technology area
• Good understanding of AC-DC (inverter/rectifier) DC-DC conversion topologies, pulse-width modulation, power semiconductor (IGBT/MOSFET module) basics
• Understanding of technologies for wind turbine is a bonus, regarding drive train and power train, reliability analysis, grid connection, international standards and grid codes
• Numerical analysis of measurement results and power module characteristics based on datasheet
• Power loss calculation of power modules, passive components and cooling system inside power converters
• Experience of condition monitoring, diagnostics and prognostics in the area of power converters • Simulation software experience with Matlab/Simulink, PSCAD, etc.
• Programming languages (C/C++, Python, etc.)
• Team player • Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressured environment
• Attention to detail and capability to deliver projects in corporate matrix structures
• Available to travel in the UK on a regular basis and abroad on a project basis