Location: NORTH EAST
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 167241
•To provide HV/MV electrical engineering maintenance services/support in house and managing specialist system engineers/contractors across all the site facilities to ensure all test facilities and HV/MV assets are reliable/available.
As an integral member of the Operations team, ensure troubleshooting, test rig operation, defect rectification and HV/MV electrical maintenance work orders are carried out and recorded on the Asset Management System and the required standards and procedures are followed.
•Responsible to ensure that site HV/MV equipment and facilities are maintained to an impeccable standard.
•Responsible for line managing, overseeing and leading the electrical maintenance technicians in conducting routine maintenance/fault-finding and associated record keeping of site facilities and HV/MV plant as necessary.
•To have and demonstrate a good strong knowledge / experience of maintaining electrical HV, MV and LV and control system supplies and have the competence to diagnose/recommend, discuss and implement repair/renewal options with the Asset Maintenance and Facilities Manager, electrical design engineers and the electrical maintenance technicians;
• To have and demonstrate a good strong knowledge / experience of commissioning electrical HV systems would be beneficial;
• To have and demonstrate a good strong knowledge / experience of MV/LV variable frequency drives (VFD’s);
• Fully conversant with the current wiring regulations 17th Edition Qualification is desirable;
• Computer literate – working knowledge of Microsoft packages;
•Educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Relevant training in lifting/slinging including PUWER/LOLER regulations (desirable)
• Installation fault-finding/rectification and maintenance of HV,MV & LV plant and machinery
• Running equipment within set guidelines to meet clearly defined criteria.
• Sound knowledge of electrical/mechanical generating plant and apparatus.
• Motivated and strong team player – working individually and leading the electrical maintenance technicians.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of H&S legislation applicable to plant operations.
• Experience of working in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 environments. (desirable)
• Electrical Inspection and Testing Qualification (desirable).