Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 167104
The role will provide exciting opportunities for an enthusiastic candidate to work as a Consultant in Rheumatology in an expanding service. We are looking for a candidate to share our passion and to drive forward changes for the care of our rheumatology patients.
Key aspects include
• Provide remote specialist Rheumatology clinical support/ advice to the Community Rheumatology Clinical staff
• Provide on–site clinical supervision to the Rheumatology Nurse Consultant(s)
• To liaise where needed with Secondary Care Rheumatology colleagues if the Nursing team requires support
• Advise on any Clinical Governance related issues in relation to Rheumatology in this service
• To contribute to the ongoing development of rheumatology services for the local population across East Kent
• To participate in some training and educational activities, teaching, continuing medical education and maintaining clinical excellence within the service.
The duties of this post may be subject to variation from time to time following consultation with the post holder.
Health & Safety
It is the general duty of every employee to take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and others (including patients). This may involve the wearing of suitable protective clothing and footwear, and to co-operate with the management in meeting its responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. Any failures to take such care or any contraventions of safety or managerial instructions may result in Disciplinary action being taken.
All staff are required to respect confidentiality of all matters that they may learn relating to their employment, other members of staff and the general public and will be required to confirm their compliance with relevant codes of conduct.
This post is subject to an enhanced level of DBS disclosure