Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 165925
As the Head of Management Accounts your responsibilities will include the overall day to day running of the Management Accounts function which provides key business financial information and insight.
You will be given a fantastic opportunity to develop the Management Accounts team and to develop a clearly engineered process for daily, weekly and monthly reporting, ensuring that adequate controls are in place to identify and reduce errors and provide insightful management information to the business. You will additionally, take a lead by defining and managing an effective and seamless working relationship with the Financial Planning and Analysis team.
You will produce, develop and review the regular performance measures and monthly management accounts and commentary, including variance analysis to identify business issues and opportunities. You will also proactively develop the internal financial reporting to ensure that the information delivered is relevant, meaningful, timely and accurate.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to identify efficiencies particularly in relation to admin and finance processes with a view to moving the business towards live reporting; weekly key measures reports; and working day 2 monthly management accounts reporting.
You will interact closely with the IT and systems team to drive improvements in the business IT and finance systems – particularly in relation to efficiency and ease of use for operators specifically: eradicating manual processes, the causes of timing differences and reconciling items and eliminating the risk of material error.
Experience & Qualifications Required
• ACA Qualified accountant with a number of years in PQE in industry
• Experience in managing a complex finance function
• Significant IT and accounting system experience particularly in the development of reporting
• Experience building and rolling out BI including a suite of key business measures
• Experience of engineering process improvements – timeliness, accuracy and efficiency
Key Skills Required
• Can demonstrate a talent for leadership
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Highly organised
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in pressurised situations and stay in agreed timescales
• Commitment to high quality and excellent customer service
• Problem solving