Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 165897
Exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven, part-qualified or qualified by experience accountant to join the finance team of one of the North East's largest companies.
Your key responsibilities will include:-
• Ensure that all units in your regions and / or income streams strive to hit their EBITDA targets.
• Act as a first line of finance support for the Finance Business Partner, Regional / Unit management or Income Stream owner, proactively dealing with queries and analysis in a timely manner and providing advice and guidance on financial matters and commercial decision making
• Ensure the accuracy of the management accounts for your part of the business before final distribution through liaison with our Management Accounts team
• Provide customer friendly, high quality reporting from core systems as required
• Support business reviews as appropriate and contribute through the explanation of trading variances and analysis to support the key trading trends. Assist with the development of action plans to improve poor performance, monitor and feedback results providing challenge as appropriate
• Support the forecasting process, ensuring the buy in of operators and understanding the movements between current and previous forecasts, looking to predict the future based on current trends and identify any potential business issues
• Work with Internal Audit to provide an effective control environment to protect the company’s assets (cash, inventory, fixed assets) and assist in dealing with IA issues
• Prepare / input weekly journals to ensure forecast data and other key data points are updated and accurate
• Develop benchmarking reports in relation areas such as employee pay awards and departmental central support office costs
• Provide insight through data analysis, identify methods to improve processes and engage with stakeholders to explain approaches and implications
The successful candidate will:
• Be a part-qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a number years’ experience in industry, ideally in leisure or hospitality
• Hold outstanding financial analysis skills, with the ability to gather, manipulate and present large quantities of data effectively
• Have the ability to influence key business processes by taking an analytical approach to identify and act upon trends within financial information
• Be well-organised and able to develop and monitor plans to meet agreed deadlines
• Be flexible, travelling across business locations as required to deal with issues that have arisen
• Be highly numerate and analytical with excellent communication skills and be able to manage and deliver numerous small annual/adhoc projects
• Have the ability to work within a team and develop positive relationships with both finance and operational colleagues
Please note, as some travel will be applicable, a full driving licence will also be required.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.