NRG focus on securing the best talent to showcase the North
NRG is proud to provide specialist recruitment support to NewcastleGateshead Initiative, the lead delivery partner for the Great Exhibition of the North 2018.
Set to be the biggest event in England next year, Great Exhibition of the North celebrates the innovations in art, culture, and design from right across the North. Taking place in indoor and outdoor locations across NewcastleGateshead from 22 June to mid-September 2018, major exhibition hubs at Great North Museum: Hancock, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art and Sage Gateshead will feed three walking routes telling the dynamic story of the North.
The routes will be brought to life by performers, visual artists, architects, musicians, scientists, engineers, inventors, writers, creatives, thinkers, designers and digital makers as a result of an open call for ideas which attracted more than 430 submissions from across the whole North in May. Audiences will also be able to interact with the Exhibition virtually, celebrating more of the North’s innovative new technologies.
NRG are working on a selection of exciting key roles including those within digital innovation and project management disciplines. James Carss, Head of Executive Search & Selection at NRG is thrilled to be part of this exciting opportunity in the North, “We relish the opportunity to showcase our expertise in recruitment solutions for such a high profile event, which will have a long lasting impact on our economy and regional profile.”
Carol Bell, Executive Director of Great Exhibition of the North, said: “We are delighted to be working with NRG on our key appointments for Great Exhibition of the North. Our partnership with NRG will ensure we employ the right talent to develop and stage this once in a lifetime event that will showcase and celebrate the whole of the North.”
Sir Gary Verity, Chair of the Great Exhibition of the North “Great Exhibition of the North will showcase how the thinkers, artists and inventors of the North have shaped our present day and continue to inspire our future. I’m sure these new roles will attract some of the brightest minds working in the North today.”
For more information about Great Exhibition of the North, visit www.getnorth2018.com, Like the Facebook page www.facebook.com/getnorth2018 or follow on Twitter and Instagram @getnorth2018. Join the conversation using #getnorth2018.
Great Exhibition of the North
- In October 2016, NewcastleGateshead was selected to host the Great Exhibition of The North; NewcastleGateshead Initiative (NGI) led the bid and is the lead delivery partner for the Exhibition, working closely with colleagues at Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, BALTIC, Sage Gateshead, the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and a board chaired by Sir Gary Verity.
- The NewcastleGateshead programme for the Great Exhibition of the North 2018 will span 10 weeks, opening over the weekend of the 22 June 2018. It will celebrate innovation and creativity across Northern England and will help boost investment and tourism, while leaving a lasting cultural and economic legacy.
- Ambitious plans will use the whole destination as the stage, with a newly commissioned creative programme taking place in a range of venues and outdoor spaces across NewcastleGateshead.
- Three walking routes will be created, focusing on arts, design and innovation that will inspire and be inspired by a major exhibition hub at the Great North Museum: Hancock (curated by our partners at Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums); major new work commissioned by BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art and Sage Gateshead.
- Other important elements of The Great Exhibition of the North 2018 include inspiring opening and closing events, an entertaining and informative summer camp at Exhibition Park for families (part of an extensive learning and engagement programme) and a Business Expo.
- NewcastleGateshead Initiative is a destination management and marketing agency; a public-private partnership supported by Gateshead and Newcastle City Councils, working with around 170 private sector partner organisations. It’s mission is to inspire people to visit, and to live, learn work and invest in NewcastleGateshead and the wider region
- United by seven bridges across a spectacular riverscape, Newcastle (a city on the north bank of the River Tyne) and Gateshead (a town on the south bank) form a single, diverse and extremely vibrant visitor destination. World-class culture, vibrant nightlife, award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture are combined here like nowhere else, by the famous Geordie spirit which is symbolised by Antony Gormley’s iconic Angel of the North as it welcomes travellers to the area.