About the role
A leading manufacturer based in Durham have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to join their Finance team on a full-time permanent basis.
A full-time role, 35 Monday to Thursday (7 hrs 45 mins with 30 min unpaid break and Friday 4 hours with no break). The purpose of the role is to work proactively with the team and other teams to sustain control and improve the profitability of the business. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of all company financial reports including group reporting and external statutory reporting. Ensure compliance with all requirements of audit, SOX and regulatory bodies. Identify areas of improvement through analysis of trends and interrogation of results.
- To ensure that all Company month end reporting is submitted in a complete, accurate and timely manner. This includes accurate reporting of revenue and costs, inventory, and a full review of all balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Supervise accurate reconciliation of sub ledger for cash, sales and purchases.
- Monitor and review local budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Assisting with company forecast and financial plans in line with the group timetable.
- Liaison with HMRC as appropriate.
- Preparation of year end stat accounts and quarterly VAT returns.
- Drive cost reduction, through the understanding of lean tools and techniques.
- Internal reporting to the board and external to group and other bodies as necessary.
- The successful candidate will be CIMA/ACCA/AAT qualified at level 4
- Previous experience in Accounts department
- Knowledge of Accounting principles
- Confident with Excel and other Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of Avante of desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work under pressure & as part of a team
- Salary ranging between £35,000 - £40,000
- Full site based
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then click apply now!