About the role
Due to continuous success, a Newcastle-based travel company are looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Assistant to work within their accounts department on a permanent basis.
This is a full-time role, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This position is hybrid, with the option to work up to three days from home per week.
If you are proactive, detail-oriented and interested in Finance, then this is the perfect role for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Managing supplier accounts, ensuring they are accurately reconciled, payments are made and remittances sent.
- Reconciling supplier statements against costs loaded within the company booking system.
- Managing the supplier team email inbox, liaising with internal departments and external suppliers to resolve queries.
- Handling the accounts department telephone and dealing with queries in a professional manner.
- Processing multi-currency payments to suppliers from a variety of company accounts.
You will be working within an experienced Accounts department, providing you with the opportunity to develop your existing accounting abilities in a new setting. The culture of this firm emphasises support and development. You will be joining a team of various backgrounds and ages.
Your skills will be centered around past experience in Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger and payment reconciliations, a solid ability to use basic excel formulas and functions and excellent numerical and problem-solving abilities.
What’s in it for you:
- A starting salary of £22,000 - £23,000 – with the opportunity to increase upon the completion of a 6 month probationary period.
- An excellent pension scheme.
- Access to discounted trips away for your holidays.
- Access to Medicash upon the completion of a probationary period, offering discounted eye care and more.
- A modern, stylish office space with free teas, coffees and snacks.
- Onsite parking
We’re looking for people who are keen to propel their career in Finance, using their own initiative and drive.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.