Home Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of social housing, with a turnover in excess of 310 million, managing 52,000 homes and providing care and support to 20,000 people per annum.
Headquarted in the North East, Home has operating centres throughout the UK, employing 1,460 staff directly and indirectly a further 2500 staff.
Home has a policy of directly attracting and engaging staff but work with a small number of approved suppliers on a national PSL. Selected suppliers are appointed on basis of ensuring Home values will be reflected in all areas of the service delivery.
NRG has successfully worked with Home Group since 2009 on a contractual basis and informally for several years previously.
Recent recruitment has included:
- Executive board appointments, including an assignment for Group Financial Director and appointment of Head of IT.
- Professional staffing including IT, IS, Finance, HR, Marketing
- IT/IS contractors to deliver transformation programme.
- Successful design and delivery of recruitment projects for the newly created Customer Contact Centre – in excess of 100 appointments from customer agents to managerial and specialist roles.
- National project to recruit, assess and select over 100 customer engagement officers at locations throughout the UK.
Added Value for Home Group includes
- Design and delivery of bespoke selection tools.
- Design and delivery of a bespoke campaign attraction micro site.
- Design and structure of assessment testing and training to enable knowledge transfer from NRG teams to Home recruitment teams.
- Ongoing advice and consultation on external market influencers including sector and competitor analysis, ongoing legislative updates and consultation.
A focus on the Customer Contact Centre:
Following a rigorous tendering process Home Group engaged the services of NRG to support the recruitment and selection campaign for Home Group’s new Customer & Client Service Centre at Quorum Business Park, Longbenton that opened in May 2011.
A key account management structure was put in place, enabling appropriate lines of communication across both organisations, knowledge of the clients needs and structures – this model works successfully from Executive Board through to operating line managers.
Our dedicated Account Manager worked in partnership with Home Group HR Team & Head of Customer Services to ensure that we fully understood not only resource requirements but shared the ‘vision & concept’ for the centre. This enabled us to provide specific attraction & selection process recommendations, which supported both internal and external candidates that reflected the requirements of the business. Following agreement NRG managed the process from attraction through to assessment centre, providing Home Group with a merit list of applicants to offer which ensured business requirements could be achieved.
Our service was delivered through a Dedicated Account Manager and experienced Resource Team who delivered an added value service which included provision of extensive reporting & management information, benchmarking & competitor analysis, the design, launch & management of a dedicated website, on-going service & process review which enabled process improvements to be implemented in phase 2 selection processes; resulting in targeted specific skill requirements. In addition to this we have successfully supported the launch of Home Group’s employer brand within the North East positioning them as an employer within the ‘Customer Service / Contact Centre sector’.
2011 saw the opening of a new Customer Contact Centre for Home Group, one of the UK’s largest social housing providers . NRG and the team worked in partnership to deliver a successful launch from which the customer contact operations for Homes customer base are delivered.
The team at NRG worked closely with us to ensure our vision of a customer centre was realised – with an innovative attraction and selection campaign , resulting in the successful recruitment of advisors and team managers who have excellent communication skills , have empathy with our customer base and are empowered to deliver real solutions for each customer .
We’re delighted with the success of the campaign and the about rich mix of skills, knowledge and backgrounds of our staffing profile and look forward to a long-term relationship with NRG Group , ” Donna Middleton , Head of Customer Contact Centre