Singletrack is an entrepreneurial, dynamic and exciting financial technology company headquartered in London and with a further office in New York City. Singletrack provides a cloud-based CRM and research distribution solution to help their clients manage their buy side/sell side/corporate client relationships, to distribute or consume research products, and gain business insights through analysis of the operational data collected, all designed to comply with market regulation. Clients of their services are predominantly investment banks, independent research providers, asset managers and other investment institutions.
Singletrack’s employee numbers have more than doubled over the past 2 ½ years, employing approximately 70 staff with the majority based in London. With an established global customer base, particular growth regions over the last year were in North America and Asia. Following this expansion, they wanted to establish a larger, dedicated support team to continue to provide outstanding customer support to clients. Singletrack decided to set up this function in the heart of Newcastle Upon Tyne due to the great talent pool and vibrant tech scene.
- The Singletrack brand unknown in the North East Region
- Due to it being a new set up, shift patterns were yet undefined
- The end goal was and still is to be a 24/7 365 days per year operation
- Nightshift does not appeal to the mass market
NRG were successful in being awarded the opportunity to work exclusively with Singletrack due to their track record of 24/7 recruitment within IT Support in the North East market. For the past few years we have supported businesses through the transition of a 9-5.30pm set up to introducing night shifts.
Singletrack culture and background
Singletrack values problem-solving, engagement, tenacity and fun. Their growing and diverse team of people come from many nationalities and all have an opportunity to learn new skills. We visited the business in London to get a flavour of the environment they were keen to replicate in the North East. Meetings with hiring managers, HR and other key stakeholders ensured our understanding of current business needs.
Singletrack were looking to recruit for the following roles:
- Team Lead
- Senior Support Engineer
- Senior Application Engineer
- Application Engineer
- Junior Technical/ Application Engineer
We utilised a consultative approach to every project and some of the tools we use included:
- NRG’s existing network and database
- Advertising, social media and various job board adverts
- Bespoke Singletrack microsite
- Attending various networking events and workshops to promote the brand and opportunities
- Writing blog posts and recording videos with various stakeholders to give a feel of the office culture
- Referrals from existing candidates
We used several techniques to ensure we were sourcing candidates that could deliver technically and also thrive in the environment.
These include but not limited to:
- Competency based questions
- Aptitude questions
- Behaviour questioning around the candidate’s and Singletrack’s values
As a direct result of the strength of our consultants’ combined networks, we were able to reach and attract a vast number of candidates to each vacancy. Our priority was to focus on the Support Team Lead. This appointment was critical as they would help set up the support function and help build the team.
Once this position was successfully filled, we ramped up our activity to build a healthy candidate pipeline of candidates that Singletrack were able to bring on board. The team are now fully functionable with plans to grow further in the next few months. NRG continue to support Singletrack with BAU recruitment.
Find out more about how NRG’s tech division can help your business here.