Senior Occupational Health Physiotherapist - North East/DurhamNORTH EAST
- Salary: £26,500 - £38,000
- Job ID: 165872
- Category: HEALTHCARE
Our client is the UK’s number 1 musculoskeletal provider and they are looking for an MSK Occupational Health Physiotherapist to join the team. You’ll get the chance to improve the lives of the people they work with and develop your career.
Through the patient-centred approach to musculoskeletal problems, they are focused on helping the people they see and making sure they have a great quality of life. Apply today to make a real difference!
Main Purpose of Role
• To utilise musculoskeletal expertise to function as an Advanced Practitioner managing a varied clinical caseload within designated clinical environments
• Services delivered and clinical interventions will vary depending on contract/site, patient/clients’ needs, and clinician experience/knowledge. These services may include; assessments, advice, treatment, individual or group rehab, educational seminars, screening, risk assessments, workplace assessments and providing basic ergonomic advice
• To conduct all clinical interventions and related actions in line with relevant professional standards, such as CSP, HCPC, ACPOHE, ACPSM as well as Connect standards and policies and where applicable, and within contract parameters
• To demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development and to maintain a contemporary record of such activity, in line with recommendations of CSP and HCPC
• To attend timetabled in service training and mandatory training programme, as well as other Connect educational initiatives which may be outside of contracted time
• To share their knowledge and skills and contribute to the Connect in service training programme and other training, educational and promotional initiatives
• To undertake Audit projects relevant to clinical role
The role of a MSK Occupational Health Physiotherapist is fundamentally about the consistent delivery of high quality clinical care of musculoskeletal conditions for the patients/ clients presenting in a range of occupational health settings. Expected to be positive, constructive and approachable and carry out tasks with fairness and integrity at all times.
The MSK Occupational Health Physiotherapist will be expected to be well organised, conscientious and capable of managing the varied caseload of sometimes complex patients in a variety of clinical environments. An ability to work well under pressure as well as a commitment to CPD and a desire to facilitate improvement in both self and services are also key characteristics.
Excellent communication skills are vital to the role and the MSK Occupational Health Physiotherapist must be able to communicate confidently and effectively with patients, colleagues and clients using a variety of media
The majority of clinical diaries and patient notes are administered electronically and the MSK Occupational Health Physiotherapist is required to have good IT skills and be willing to embrace innovation and technological advances that improve service delivery
Start Date: ASAP