Advanced Practitioner Physiotherapist in Rheumatology- WolverhamBirmingham
- Salary: Up to £55,000
- Job ID: 165798
- Category: HEALTHCARE
Main Purpose of Role
• To work as an autonomous practitioner and deliver a quality clinical service meeting the clinical and commercial needs of the integrated MSK Rheumatology service
• To strive for clinical excellence in the management of musculoskeletal/Rheumatology problems to ensure optimal outcomes for patients
• To develop and promote a positive and dynamic image and culture to both internal and external stakeholders. At all times striving to reflect and encourage core value behaviours
• To develop and foster productive relationships with local Consultants, GPs and other key stakeholders.
Including but not limited to;
• To utilise advanced musculoskeletal expertise to function as an experienced musculoskeletal APP managing a complex clinical caseload within the integrated MSK Service. This includes;
o performing the triage of referrals directing the patient into the appropriate primary, secondary or tertiary care service according to clinical presentation.
o the management of patients that would have traditionally been referred into secondary care services with the use of advanced decision-making and clinical reasoning skills to perform clinical interventions that may fall outside the normal scope of physiotherapy practice.
o the practice of medical diagnosis within thespeciality, specialist investigation and limited prescribing which are outside the scope of physiotherapy practice.
o independent decision making regarding the clinical diagnosis and future clinical management of presenting patients through the assimilation of clinical assessment and the requesting and interpretation of the results of specific medical investigations such as X rays, MRI, USS and pathology tests.
• To conduct all clinical interventions and related actions in line with relevant professional standards, such as ESPIOG, CSP, and HPC, as well as Connect standards and policies and where applicable, contract parameters and KPIs.
• To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of clinical and professional activities
• To demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development and to maintain a contemporary record of such activity, in line with recommendations of CSP and HPC
• To contribute to service development initiatives and other adhoc projects and tasks as agreed with Team Leader
• To contribute as required to internal and external educational initiatives and lecture programme
• To participate in clinical audit in line with ESPOIG recommendations
• As part of the Senior Community Services Team provide clinical leadership and act as a source of expertise in the management of musculoskeletal conditions to teach and mentor, educate and inform Allied Health Professionals, other health and care professionals, students, patients and carers. (DoH 2003)
• To contribute to multidisciplinary audit research and evaluation of the clinical effectiveness and evidence base for the management of musculoskeletal conditions. Work in collaboration with senior colleagues in other business sectors to contribute to the development and advancement of other Connect services.
• To demonstrate ability to identify concerns regarding child safeguarding, welfare and child protection and safeguarding of adults at risk
• To understand the processes for escalating concerns regarding child protection, welfare and safeguarding for their service or region
• To ensure that their own personal mandatory training is up to date including refresher training
• And any other reasonable tasks.