- Job ID: 165045
- Category: IT
This is a MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role. This is primarily a production DBA role, as such it will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This MS SQL Server DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes
• Define, develop and execute strategies to ensure SQL services are delivered to best practice consummate with the risk and security demands of the business
• Ensure development teams across the business are supported such that queries against the SQL databases are optimised, including indexing and design support
• Deploy third party vendor database change scripts
• Troubleshoot service issues within the SQL services, including after-hours and weekend
• Work across various teams, including infrastructure, Commercial Systems and Finance Systems
• You will also be required to support the IT development teams across the business
• Experience will be more important
• Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
• Good communication and documentation skills