Salary: Up to £23,000
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 169491
Would you like the opportunity to work within the renewable energy sector?
Are you a confident individual who wants to enhance their career in finance?
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a highly successful renewable energy company based in Glasgow.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager you will provide day to day operational support to the finance team. You will be responsible for the review and approval of purchase order requests and processing of supplier invoices, ensuring the accuracy of transactional processing at all times. Further responsibilities include, but not limited to raising and issuing customer sales invoices, the review and approval of employee expense claims and processing of company credit card transactions.
• Review and approval of purchase order requests and processing of supplier invoices.
• Raising and issuing customer sales invoices.
• Review and approve employee expense claims and process company credit card transactions.
• Ensuring weekly payment runs to suppliers are undertaken and exporting payment details from Sage to Barclays Banking System for processing.
• Preparation of month-end journals in line with month-end timetable.
• Undertake any other ad-hoc tasks as required by senior finance team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the confidence to work collaboratively and
respectfully within the team.
• 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, accustomed to dealing with a high volume of invoices.
• Ability to effectively prioritise workload and work to monthly deadlines.
• Attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and previous knowledge of Sage 200 desirable
If you’d like to find out more, send across your CV and a member of our team will be in touch!