Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 168809
Our client is a Leading Global Manufacturing Company based in Sunderland.
An opportunity has arisen for a Supplier Management for a purchasing controller to join their team. There are 2 roles available, one is for a full time permanent person and the other for 12 months fixed term.
You will join a team responsible for a range of duties including Purchase of goods/production parts for the right price quality and delivery to ensure operational needs are met and ensure continuity of supply.
· Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
· Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
· Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
· Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
· Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency
· Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews and ensure that a professional and
· Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier
negotiations and contracts award process.
· Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
· Prepare and assess RFQ’s from potential suppliers
· Create and maintain contracts in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers
· Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers as well as contact suppliers to resolve
price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
· Purchase Production parts to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account
price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. · Ensure continuous supply of required
goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on
· Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to
make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
· High willingness to make/drive decisions
· Ability to translate business needs into strategic actions
· Good planning and analytical skills
· Dynamic and continuously looking for improvements
· High accountability (externally and internally)
· Good financial understanding
EDUCATION (SCHOOL/SPECIALIZATION): CIPS Preferred or working towards but not essential
EXPERIENCES: Experience in Direct Purchasing within an Engineering or Automotive company would be an advantage.