Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 168449
Our client is recruiting for a Research Engineer to focus on Electrical Systems Integration. The position will be based within their Research & Disruptive Innovation Directorate.
The position of Research Engineer, Electrical Systems Integration will focus on electrical systems-based research and development (R&D). You will collaborate with core research team members and across the wider organisation to ensure the delivery of our research portfolio continues to solve both the current and future challenges facing the offshore renewables sector.
As Research Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to support the development, formulation and delivery of highly technical and scientific quality activities related to the research and development of electrical systems-related technology. Collaborating with researchers, OEMs, academia and technology developers providing insights, advisory services and tangible solutions for real world applications. The preferred candidate therefore will have previous experience of working with both internal and external stakeholders.
The technical areas you will be involved in include:
- Cable systems & electrical networks including national and transnational systems
- Grid codes & compliance
- Energy storage technologies
- Electrical infrastructure solutions
- Ancillary services provision including frequency support services
What you need for the role
• A PhD / EngD degree in a relevant electrical engineering / scientific discipline is highly desirable
• 2 or more years of R&D / industrial design experience in the relevant areas of electrical systems
• Experience in electrical systems/sub-system modelling
• Experience with one or more of the following software packages; Ansys, MATLAB, PSCAD or equivalent
• Experience in producing research and/or technical reports
• Good publication track record
• High capacity for change and willing to learn and adapt new concepts
• Sound stakeholder management skills
Good knowledge in the following areas is a key requirement:
• Wind turbine electrical and/or electrical control system related research
• Wind farm electrical systems
• Wind turbine/wind farm grid code compliance