Location: SOUTH WEST
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 168344
The primary objective of the Programme Manager is to ensure that the project is successfully delivered within the constraints of the contract timescales, budget and financial structure. As Programme Manager you will drive and coordinate the activities of the multi-disciplined project team, a mix of internal and external specialists, and oversee the activities of the project partners.
The successful candidate will have strong engineering background and be able to confidently represent technical topics with credibility and ease to a variety of audiences. You will be adept at the timely coordination of disjointed activities and will likely come from a project-oriented background within an engineering space.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• A degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
• A recognised project management certificate or diploma
• A minimum of 5 years proven project management experience within a technical sector such as energy, utilities, construction
• A track record of successfully leading multi-discipline teams in the delivery of projects and programmes
• Experience of negotiating and managing commercial contracts
The following are desirable:
• Chartered status in a technical discipline
• Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors, Senior Management (internal and external) and consultants
• Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate problems and thereafter plan and implement mitigating solutions to negate the effect of such problems
• Problem solving – dealing with conflicting requirements