Job ID: 168123
Our client Education Partnership North East is seeking to recruit a new Chair of Audit. The Group brings significant value to the educational, social and economic needs of the region and the local communities of for each college of the 3 colleges it operates: Sunderland College, Northumberland College and Hartlepool Sixth Form College. The group are ambitious and seeking to continue to build upon their success to ensure that their student experience and external partnerships are maximised to full potential and have aspirations to be both in the top 10 Colleges nationally for student achievement and in the top 25 Colleges nationally for financial health.
The Chair of Audit is an exceptional opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to share their talent and expertise to make a positive difference in Education to the lives of people in the North East. The appointed candidate will need to have a genuine commitment to financial governance and the promotion of education services.
Interested candidates will need to be able to demonstrate they can use their experiences to:
• Work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
• Bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
• Hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
• Shape and actively support a healthy culture for the Group
Responsibilities of Audit Committee Chair will include:
• Audit committee chairs should have recent and relevant financial experience. Bring independent financial acumen to the work of the audit committee across its governance, risk management, assurance and internal control functions
• Provide leadership to the audit committee to ensure that it is effective in its role and that internal control systems are in place and operating
• Ensure that the audit committee is well informed and has timely access to all the information it requires
• Facilitate the contribution of all members of the audit committee, auditors and other invited participants
• Ensure that the board receives sound advice, assurance, and useful and timely reports from the committee
This is a voluntary role with a monthly time commitment of meetings that can be discussed on application. Interested candidates should apply with a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org