Geoban, part of the Santander Group is a global company that manages transactions conducted by the Group’s banks and financial institutions.
Established in the UK in 2007 Geoban UK provides operational services to more than 14.7 million active Santander UK customers.
Although Santander’s customers won’t recognise the name Geoban, they provide vital services to customers and are the backbone of Santander UK’s operations, delivering critical support to retail banking, corporate banking, payments, business banking, cards and collections.
The team consists of 3,500 people, based across 9 main locations, reaching from Milton Keynes to Glasgow.
Given the size of operations, knowledge and expertise in RPO is a key determinant of the successful delivery of quality candidates.
In addition, Geoban’s multifaceted business demands a versatile partner who can manage all recruitment from complex specialist roles to fast pace volume recruitment across many business disciplines, including but not limited to:
• Governance & Control
• Operational Risk
• Corporate & Retail Risk
• Human Resources, Rewards
• Technical Support (SAS Contractors, Developers, Data/Business Analysts) • Data Quality, Project Management, Programme Management
• Customer Contact, Collections & Recoveries:
– Credit Card Servicing & Collections
– Mortgage Collections
– Insurance & PPI
• Retail & Corporate Operations
– Mortgage Servicing & Processing
– Financial Crime
– Payment Operations
NRG’s RPO Solutions
NRG has managed the delivery of Geoban’s recruitment since its launch in the UK in 2007.
In 2014, NRG was awarded the UK wide RPO contract for the end-to-end delivery of all recruitment including permanent, temporary and fixed term appointments across all Geoban UK locations- Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield, Bootle, Teesside, Newcastle, Glasgow and Milton Keynes (circa. 500 per annum).
Key Themes of the Partnership
The Solution was tailor-made to fit Geoban’s requirements encompassing a bespoke candidate attraction campaign and candidate assessment delivered in accordance with Santander policy. All led by account managers dedicated to optimising the recruitment process.
Innovative selection and assessment conducted by NRG ensure that new team members join Geoban with vigour and enthusiasm.
Risk Mitigation – NRG’s dedicated resource ensures that recruitment plans are deliver in line with wider business objectives.
Employer Branding – NRG ensure that each new employee begins their career at Geoban with a positive outlook, which has a positive effect on the wider team.
Financial – NRG introduce the right employees to the business at the right time which reduce administration time and helps managers to concentrate on their business objectives.
Valuable HR Resource – NRG’s team of skilled and practiced consultants are dedicated to recruitment at Geoban are located at sites across the UK. This guarantees admirable stakeholder relationships between NRG, Operations and Human Resources.
Assessment Centres – NRG coordinate events across each site to ensure that quality employees are delivered to strict SLAs.
- Delivery of a cost effective solution that delivers across multiple-locations
- Dedicated Account Managers with a comprehensive understanding of the business and cultural alignment
- Promotion and protection of the client brand within each local labour market
- Delivery of candidate pipeline reflective of each site’s requirements
- Diversity and community based engagement
- Reduction in overall attraction costs by 95% over the first 3 years
- Reduction in time-to-offer by 25%
- End to end quality focused service solution to both client and candidate
“The relationship works on a partnership basis with an open approach, transparency in commercials and the ethos that both teams deliver 100%. The NRG team is professional, takes ownership and is a great representation of the Geoban employment brand.”
Tim Woods, Director, Geoban, part of the Santander Group